The Hawaii High School Athletic Association Foundation has named 12 outstanding student-athletes in the Class of 2010 to its Hall of Honor. Those student-athletes will be honored with a banquet June 6 at the Sheraton Waikiki. Each of the honorees receives a $2,000 college scholarship, "which can be used to offset college education expenses—tuition, books, and room and board expenses," according to the HHSAA Website http://www.sportshigh.com/resources/scholarship/hall_of_honor.
The HHSAA Hall of Honor Class of 2010 includes:
- Jarrett Arakawa, Iolani. Football, Basketball and Baseball.
- Chaz Bajet, Kamehameha Oahu. Football, Basketball and Track and Field.
- Taylor Crabb, Punahou. Volleyball and Basketball.
- Jacob Edwards, Ka'u. Track and Field, Cross Country and Soccer.
- Ryan Ho, Kamehameha Oahu. Football and Soccer.
- Danna-Lynn Hooper-Juario, Molokai. Basketball, Softball and Volleyball.
- Kamie Imai, Waiakea. Basketball, Volleyball and Softball.
- Lawrence Lagafuaina, Aiea. Football and Track and Field.
- Ku'uipo Nakoa, Hawaii Prep. Soccer and Track and Field.
- Sarah Palmer, Hawaii Baptist. Volleyball.
- Courtney Senas, Mililani. Softball and Track and Field.
- Andrew Skalman, Iolani. Basketball and Football.